The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
WARNING! You will get addicted to these cookies and won't be able to stop making them, but they are so worth it.
- Mixing bowl medium to large
- Electric mixer
- Bowl small to medium
- Fine mesh strainer
- Ice cream scooper
- 100 gr. Brown sugar
- 200 gr. White sugar
- 250 gr. Butter melted, but not hot
- 2 Eggs room temp.
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 380 gr. Flour type 405/45
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- 200 gr. Chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a medium to large bowl, mix the brown sugar, white sugar and butter with a mixer on low speed until homogen. Mix on high speed until fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and vanilla; mix on medium speed until incorporated.
- In a small to medium sized bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In increments, sift the dry mixture to the wet, mixing on low to medium speed. Between increments, scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula. Together with the last increment, add the chocolate chips and mix with the spatula.
- Line two to three baking trays with parchment paper. Use an ice cream scooper to scoop about 6 dough balls on each tray. DO NOT FLATTEN!
- This step is optional, but it will enhance the flavor and help the cookies bake more evenly: Chill the trays in the freezer for 30 minutes to 1 hour, until the dough balls are firm. (You can also keep them in the freezer for up to 3 months to always have them on hand.)
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes (if the cookies were frozen for a longer period of time, bake for up to 14 minutes). Let the cookies cool for at least 10 minutes before enjoying.